Thursday, September 29, 2011

Personal Post Thursday - How I almost bought Sleeping Beauty's Kingdom

It's not for me, I swear
So it's personal post Thursday here at Mouse Tales. You may not care about my little personal anecdotes, but it's my blog, and you're here, and this is happening.

Deal.


My husband and I just did our online check it at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge last night and we're legit bursting at the seams with excitement. Although now my dogs know that there is something amiss and I swear they think we go on vacation for the sole purpose of making them sad. Even though we pay hundreds of dollars of our money to have someone come to our house and live with them for the week and feed them treats until they vomit (seriously happened you guys), because the last time we had them at a kennel they actually came back sweaty. And for those of you that know anything about dogs, you'll know they don't actually sweat. It was like those Virgin Mary statues that cry tears of Holy oil. They evolved sweat glands in a week just to make us feel guilty.

So in honor of the first weekly Personal Post Thursday I'll regale you with a little story about the first time we went to Disney World. We decided that it was a really awesome idea to get a pink autograph book and have all the characters that we met sign it, and then take their picture while signing it so we could put it together as a little scrapbook and give it to my nieces for Christmas. We met Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, Chip and Dale, and Goofy, but the most memorable one was Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) in the France pavilion in Epcot.

I decided to let my husband get this one because I had approached all the other characters previously and I thought it was his turn. I was standing far enough back that at first glance it looked as though a large burly man was standing alone in line for Sleeping Beauty's autograph, which was funny enough on it's own, but not nearly as funny as what happened next.

When my husband approached Sleeping Beauty the first thing she did was grab at his rather well sculpted bicep muscles and declare how he was "So big and strong, just like the Beast!" And the rest of what she said would probably be of note, except that's where I pretty much lost it.

My husband got the autograph just in time to grab me and carry me away while I was pulling my earrings off and removing my heels. Sleeping Beauty kept her wig, and I kept my picture out of the Disney security office for another year.

Happy Thursday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment